Christmas In The City-Downtown Holiday Marketplace
Wed Dec 6, 13 & 20th 10am-6pm
Market Square 91 King St.
Downtown St. Catharines, ON
Join us in welcoming the holidays to St. Catharines with the sights, sounds and tastes of our Downtown Holiday Marketplace!
Please read the following vendor information before applying to ensure you are aware of all requirements.
Our goal is to offer visitors a variety of quality HANDMADE products with a small selection of commercial/retail vendors. We are only allowing approximately 20% non-artisan/food vendors.
We are primarily looking for handmade, vegan friendly, vintage chic and food vendors.
Acceptance into the show is based on the product quality and craftsmanship in addition to the individual product categories, so that no one craft media is overwhelming. If you are applying as an artisan, you must be the designer and producer of the products to be sold. Imported or manufactured products are not accepted when applying as an artisan but may be accepted in our commercial/retail area.
Please Note: If you are NOT providing website or social media links below, you must send 3-5 photos of your products and display to email@example.com before your application will be reviewed. Please put your business name and the word "photos" in the subject line before sending your email.
This is a curated marketplace and all vendors will be accepted based on the quality and type of product, rather than first come first serve. Upon acceptance, you will receive an invoice by email and will have 10 days to send an e-transfer for the full payment amount. NEW: If you are participating in more than one market we are allowing you to pay 50% of the total due 10 days within acceptance and the balance will be due Sept 15th. Please note there are no cancellations and no refunds after Aug 15th.
Once you have been accepted, please send e-transfers to firstname.lastname@example.org password: xmasinthecity WITHIN 10 DAYS TO SECURE YOUR SPACE. Please put your business name in the comments of the transfer so we know who it is coming from.
1. The organizers of Christmas In The City reserve the right to decline any vendor application that they feel does not fit the purpose or spirit of the market. This is a curated show and there will be a limited number of vendors chosen for each category.
2. Exhibitor/vendor hall is located at 91 King St. in St. Catharines. Set up will be from 7:30-9:30 am. All exhibitors/vendors must be ready by the market opening time (10am).
Due to the downtown location, there is NO FREE PARKING. We can order you a parking pass from the CITY at an additional cost of $12+HST but you must order and pay with your application. There is a metered lot across the street that currently charges $4.50/day but it is first come first serve. Please note that buying a $12 pass does not ensure a parking space in front of the building. The lot is public so it is first come, first serve and we do suggest all vendors arrive early to avoid problems. Please note that money from parking passes does not go to the show organizer - it is all given to the CITY for purchase of passes. The organizer is not responsible for improper display of your pass resulting in a ticket or late arrivals who have a hard time finding parking.
Parking passes will NOT be available for purchase on the day of the show. You will have to use the metered lot or make other arrangements if you have not pre-purchased a pass.
3. Exhibitors/vendors agree to have their booth staffed throughout the market (10am-6pm) and that booths will not be torn down until the market is over at 6 pm. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please bring enough product to ensure that you do not sell out before 6 pm. No garbage is to be left behind.
4. Food vendors must comply with Niagara Region Public Health regulations. Information about these regulations will be provided via email upon confirmation of registration. No vendors can sell food of any kind unless you have applied to be a food vendor and have the necessary Public Health documentation.
5. Vendors are responsible for bringing all items that are required for their booth, including table, chairs, signs, extension cords (if you have purchased hydro) and table coverings (all tables must be covered with a tablecloth or similar). TABLES & CHAIRS ARE NOT PROVIDED.
6. All vendors must carry liability insurance and be able to offer proof if requested. If you are unsure if you have proper coverage please contact us AFTER your acceptance as an additional liability waiver may be available in some circumstances. If you do not have insurance but wish to participate, fill out the form and make a note that you would need an additional waiver in any of the comment boxes. There is no extra fee for this.
7. This venue is unique because in addition to the regular entrance/exit doors, the walls of the building slide up like garage doors. There will be specific set up details provided a few days before the market to any vendors who will be using these doors to load or unload. Floor plans will not be provided until this time.
8. Any vendor who needs power must note it in the application and is subject to an additional charge. You must bring extension cords that would pass a safety inspection by the Fire Dept.
9. Spaces are 8 ft wide and 6 ft deep. You may set up any way you like within your space but know that there could be vendors on either side of you so you will not be able to have displays wider than 8ft. If you need space to walk around your table or display please consider the size of your space when designing your layout.
10. Logo Advertising is available at an additional charge of $20 + HST. Posters for the event will have a section at the bottom with vendor logos displayed. Posters in limited quantities are free to vendors and will be displayed at the venue leading up to the event as well as placed at various locations throughout the downtown & city.
We have partnered with an amazing organization, Westview Centre4Women and will be collecting non-perishable food donations on their behalf. We ask that each vendor bring a minimum of 3 food items to donate. We will be asking shoppers to bring a food item as well.
We will be offering FREE Instagram and Facebook marketing to all vendors who provide us their BUSINESS link to either account. If you do not give us permission to use photos on your social media accounts please let us know after you have been accepted.
In addition to a large social media campaign that will include paid ads as well as free listings on numerous websites, we will have glossy double sided color postcards delivered in the area as well as available to any vendors who want to help promote the show. Posters will be put up throughout the city and also available to vendors.
There will be an entire section of the Road to Happy (event organizer) website devoted to the promotion of the event and we plan to have paid advertising in local print publications. More details will follow once contracts are in place. Event info will also go out to everyone on the Downtown Business Association mailing list as well as to all City employees who work in the buildings surrounding the market.
Address Line 2
State / Province / Region
Postal / Zip Code
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
British Indian Ocean Territory
Central African Republic
Democratic Republic of the Congo
Republic of the Congo
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Virgin Islands, British
Virgin Islands, U.S.
Check Your Vendor Type And Your Preference For Market Dates.
All Spaces 8 ft Wide And 6 ft Deep. (Tables & Parking NOT Included In Price)
Wed Dec 6th $85+HST
Wed Dec 13th $85+HST
Wed Dec 20th $85+HST
Wed Dec 6th $100+HST
Wed Dec 13th $100+HST
Wed Dec 20th $100+HST
Parking, Hydro & Logo - Check All That Apply
I require a City parking pass @ cost of $12+HST per day
I require hydro @ cost of $20+HST per day
I would like to have my logo featured on event posters @ cost of $20+HST
In the box below, please list the following:
(Provide full link such as: https://www.facebook.com/myroadtohappy/?fref=ts
In the box below, provide a detailed description of all items that you will be selling.
Please note: you may be asked to remove any items from your show space that are not listed if they conflict with another vendor etc.
By initialing this application, I acknowledge that I agree to abide by the Conditions, Rules and Regulations set out by Road to Happy - Spring In The City. I am agreeing to release Spring in the City & Market Square, and all its affiliates from any loss, damage or liability for personal injury to myself, my customers, associates, and or merchandise.
PLEASE COPY & PASTE THE INFO ON THIS FORM IN YOUR FILES FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
Please Date & Initial
Do Not Fill This Out